Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

Cook Island Language Week


This week is Cook Island Language week and 3 visitors from the Auckland Museum came to our school to sit with us for an hour. They taught us Cook Island history and culture. When we were with them, I learnt that all pacific island languages for coconut is niu. I also learnt how to use a drill from the olden days and how to put all the pieces together to make a canoe. I also learnt that the string they use is from the husk of the coconut and how the coconut tree is the tree of life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kia Orana Lana
Did you enjoy their lesson? I sure did! I learnt so many new things about Cook Island history and culture. I also learnt that the coconut tree is know as the tree of life.

Keep up the GREAT WORK, Lana!

Post a Comment